Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Seed of the Month: Climbing Italian Summer Squash 'Trombetta di Albenga'


This wonderful Italian heirloom summer squash is a vigorous climbing vine,
producing many 12 to 15-inch, lime-green fruits with a curvaceous trumpet
shape and a delicate mild taste with a hint of nutty artichoke flavor.

Trombetta's flesh is seedless and firm and doesn't get watery or mushy like
regular zucchini. The rambling plants will soon cover a trellis, fence or stakes
with graceful fruits that hang like jade ornaments cloaked in a lush canopy of
big, heart-shaped leaves.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Renee! Just found your blog recently via Sharon Lovejoy...
I ordered all of my seeds from you this year. Got my Sweet Pea's and Sugar Snap Peas in the raised beds today! So looking forward to new growth here in Plymouth, MA... come on by my blog Dandelion House from time to time and watch my garden grow! Happy May.
Deb

Bob Pazol said...

Boy, this squash looks almost as beautiful as Renee.
Bobby

Unknown said...

Hi Renee, I'm from Belgium and I love that vegetable a Lot. Can you send seeds to Belgium please. Greets from Kelly

Sue Shecket said...

Hello Kelly

Sorry, but we are only able to ship seeds in the US and Canada. If you have anyone that can receive the seeds for you here, that is your only option from our company

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...